Welcome to Jamesport Long Island

Jamesport, NY is a census-designated place, commonly abbreviated CDP, and it corresponds to the hamlet by the same name in the town of Riverhead.

Jamesport is situated in New York State, in the United States. For a better localization you should know that it is resides in Suffolk County, Long Island.

Jamesport has some fine antique shops and it is famous for its downtown area which is full of luxurious restaurants. The population of Jamesport grows every summer by a considerable amount due to the tourists that come for a break and to enjoy the sandy beaches located on the south side of the hamlet.

In the fall, the area is once again invaded by vacationers as they come for wine tasting and pumpkin picking in Jamesport, NY.

Furthermore, Jamesport is home to the New York State park, the newest of them, which when finished will be named The Hallock State Park Preserve.

The area is actually pretty limited, and according to some recent investigations, it has a total area of about 7 square miles, of which only 4.5 of them are land.

Jamesport is home to about 1,500 people grouped in more than 400 families. Therefore, the density is of 345 people / square mile. The racial makeup is actual diverse, despite the fact that over 90% of the population are white. There are African Americans, Asians, Pacific Islanders and other races which account for the rest of 10%.
Researches have shown that in Jamesport the median age is 43 years, which is quite old. Moreover, for every 100 females there are 102 males, but if we look at the population under 18, the numbers are different: there are 100 females for every 97 males.  Surprisingly, females earn more than males, and only 8% of the population is situated below the poverty line.

Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off